Our Rear Diffuser for the MK6 Golf GTI reduces lift, reduces drag, and improves the cosmetics of the vehicle. By using CFD, we were able to improve the performance of the diffuser while keeping it in a specific build volume for daily and track use.
We utilized 3D scan data during the development to produce an almost OEM like fit and finish for the rear diffuser.
There are no holes/drilling/permanent modifications required for the install and once installed it is very rigid.
The diffuser is made from aluminum, allowing it to take quite a beating and still retain its functionality and shape.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Rear Diffuser
- Outside Strake (2)
- Bracket (6)
- Hardware Kit, Includes All Hardware Necessary for Install
- Powder Coated Matte Black
- Organic Trailing-Edge Shape Which Improves Function
- Flat Head Riveted Strakes (No Rivet Heads Visible, Flat Bottom)
- Simple Bolt-On Installation, No Cutting Required
- Reduces Drag
- Significantly Reduces Lift
- CNC Laser Cut and CNC Bent 5052 Aluminum
- Durable Black Powder Coat
- Stainless Hardware Throughout
- All Brackets/Hardware Included for a Full Install
The goal of the diffuser is to improve grip and reduce drag. Hatchbacks are notoriously drag prone due to the overall body shape. A properly designed rear diffuser improves the wake region and thus improves drag on these style of cars. The other benefit is increased downforce at high speeds; which increases handling, improves safety, and increases corner speeds.
Pair the rear diffuser with our dive plane kit for a nice bump in downforce, no major change in drag, and an aerodynamically balanced package.