HPA FR450 IS38 HYBRID TURBO
The HPA IS38 Hybrid Turbo features a custom compressor and turbine wheel design capable of holding up to 450HP* with a flat torque curve from 3800 RPM to redline! Our turbo is a natural upgrade to IS38, IS20, and even IS12 equipped cars where the OEM units lose breath mid-way in the RPM range. Coupled with a major redesign of the OEM bearing housing, the HPA IS38 Hybrid turbo is the perfect upgrade for those looking for a significant performance boost with improved long-term reliability.
• Supports up to 450HP
• Unrivaled reliability
• Direct bolt-on replacement with installation kit
• HPA Turbo inlet pipe included
• HPA silicone hose to adapt to factory airbox included
• HPA proprietary mixed-flow turbine wheel
• HPA proprietary CNC machined billet compressor wheel
• Precision CNC machined intake and exhaust housings
• Fully bearing housing and components
• Option to add Diverter Valve and Calibrated Electronic Wastegate
Championship winning turbo kits
HPA FR450 equipped MK7 GTI wins the 750MC Club Enduro 2021 Championship
Launched in 2016 by the 750 Motor Club - Club Enduro offers club-level endurance racing for production sports and saloon cars classed by power to weight. With 20 race weekends across the season, the cars and drivers are pushed to the limit in competitive two-hour races with non-stop wheel-to-wheel battles.
Driving for Area Motorsport in the 2021 season was Luke Handley. His car experienced a fatal failure with the OEM IHI IS38 during dyno tuning - the same failure commonly seen with other tuned IHI IS38 turbos on the market. The OEM unit was replaced with our HPA FR450 Hybrid turbo and paired with a custom HPA tune this setup ran flawlessly for the entire campaign leading to multiople podiums and the Class B Championship title!