The Verus Engineering Dive Plane (Canard) Kit adds front-end downforce without the necessity of moving a front splitter further forward. Produced from 2x2 twill, pre-preg carbon, the units are a combination of function and form.
Utilizing state-of-the-art analysis software during the R&D process, we were able to extract more performance for the given build volume; increasing downforce generated from the dive planes.
The dive plane kit was designed for owners looking to shift aero balance forward to help aid in balancing out a large rear wing or diffuser.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Dive Plane, Left-Hand
- Dive Plane, Right-Hand
- 3M VHB Doubled-Sided Tape, Cut to Shape (2)
- Template (2)
- Hardware Kit, Includes All Necessary Hardware for Install
- Reduce Lift (Increase Downforce)
- Shift Aero Balance Forward
- Allows for Fine Tuning of Aero Balancing (Forward Biased)
- Help Seal Sides of Car
Evacuate Air From the Front of the Wheel Well
- CFD Optimized Design
- Pre-Preg, 2x2 Twill, Autoclave Cured, Carbon Fiber Composition
- 3M Double-Sided Tape or Bolt-On Install
- Stainless Hardware Used Throughout
- Install Template Included
Dive planes increase front end grip at high rates of speed and can be used to help balance out diffusers or other rear-end aerodynamic devices. They work by creating high pressure on the top side of the dive plane, and low pressure on the bottom side. Our units were also designed to increase front wheel well evacuation which reduces lift in this area, further increasing downforce generated.
The goal of the diffuser and dive planes were to work as a package for the Mk7 Golf R to improve aerodynamic performance over the factory. The package is designed for the enthusiast who frequents track days and wants an effective aerodynamic package that balances the car at speed. Both components were designed to work together as a package.